Our office is open and we can’t wait to see you!
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We closely follow these agencies’ guidance so that we are promptly informed of any new rulings issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and that we are adhering to their recommendations.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions.
First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text, or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. Please note – We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area. To avoid a large number of people in the lobby we ask that only patients scheduled for their appointments come into the office and any accompanying family members wait in their vehicle.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic. Repositioned all waiting area furniture to maintain social distancing.
- We require a personal face mask to be worn by ALL patients prior to entering the office.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Record the temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Record the temperature of every team member each day at the beginning and end of the work period.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, hair caps, and masks for our team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced daily disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for our team to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
View our gallery to see how these changes have been implemented in our office!