The foods and drinks that you eat every day can affect the overall health of your teeth. We know that it can be difficult to give up sugary (or alcoholic) drinks all together, but it’s important to …Read More
Emergency Dental Care
We’ve got some good news and some bad news for you. First, the bad news. There may be times in your life where a dental problem rears its ugly head at the most inconvenient time possible. Now, the good news: First Hill Dental Center is an emergency dentist in Seattle who can help!
At First Hill Dental Center, we understand that sometimes, dental treatment can’t wait. That’s why we offer emergency dental care services. If it’s after hours, and something has gone wrong with your mouth or teeth, just give our family dentistry office a call. Our emergency dentist will find the best solution to any problems you may be experiencing. See our blog on when to see an emergency dentist.
Below, you’ll find a few of the most common dental emergencies, and how to treat them:
- In the case of pain or discomfort from a toothache, simply contact us.
- If a tooth has been broken, chipped, or cracked, rinse your mouth with warm water and apply a cold compress to your face. If the tooth was broken or chipped, and you still have the fragment, bring it in wrapped in wet gauze or a wet towel.
- If a tooth has been loosened or knocked out, call us. For a knocked out tooth, gently insert the tooth back into its socket, and hold the tooth by the crown using a clean washcloth. If the tooth is dirty, rinse the root, but don’t scrub it or remove any tissues that are still attached. If reinserting the tooth isn’t possible, hold it under your tongue and go to your dental provider immediately.
- If you have a broken jaw, first apply ice or a cold compress to your face. Go to your dentist or nearest emergency center as soon as possible.
- For a bitten lip or tongue, clean the area with a wet cloth and apply a cold compress to reduce swelling. If the bleeding is excessive or won’t stop, go to your dentist or to an emergency center.